The following procedure will guide you through posting Progress and Term grades.
1. Click on Gradebook in the top banner.
2. Select the class for which you would like to enter grades. Click on the Scores side tab.
3. For Progress Reports (sometimes also called Mid-term or Mid-semester grades), make sure that Post Columns - Progress is selected under Grade Columns.
For Term grades sometimes also called Semester grades), make sure that Post Columns - Term is selected under Grade Columns.
Select the Appropriate semester in the Term drop down.
4. (Skip steps 4-7 if the class is a Residence Life or Community Service course, or if you haven't used the gradebook for tracking individual assignments)
Under the Options menu, click on Update Post Columns. This operation will copy the Semester Average grade from your gradebook into contents of your Post columns for Progress or Term grades, depending on what you select in the next step. Note that if you "Update Post Columns..." again after making changes to the Post Columns, they will be overwritten with the Semester Average grade from the gradebook, so it's best to do this only once during each grading period, and only after all gradebook assignment grades for that grading period have been entered.
5. A new window will appear. Make sure that the appropriate semester is selected in the Grade Term drop down and either Term (or Progress) grades for all students is selected under Grades To Update, as appropriate. When you are finished, click Next.
6. In the next window, make sure that Average:S1 (for Semester 1) or Average:S2 (for Semester 2) is selected. When you are finished, click Next.
7. In the next window, click Finish.
8. (Skip this step if this is for a Residence Life course)
If you have an Academic course, the student's semester average will be listed under the Semester Grade column. If you need to change it, you can type in the new grade over the existing one (use NG for Incomplete or No Grade). If you have a Community Service course please type in P or F. When you are done, click to a different cell in the grid.
9. (Skip this step if this is for an Academic or Community Service Course)
Next you will need to enter the ratings. Press Control (CTRL) and the letter L at the same time. A new window will pop up that lists the available ratings. You can also manually type these directly into the boxes. When you are done, click to a different cell in the grid.
10. Next you will need to enter your comments. You cannot have more than 2000 characters in this comment window. It's also recommended that you copy from TextEdit instead of any other word processing program. Click on the Paper & Pencil () icon. A box will appear and you will need to write your comments in this box then click OK. The Paper & Pencil icon will now have blue lines. When you are done, click on a different box to verify that the comment is retained.
11. When you are finished filling in all the boxes, you DO NOT need to post grades. Once the grades and comments have been entered in the gradebook, you are done.