The following tutorial will show you how to customize your Aspen "Pages". Pages are like websites for each of your classes and are the place parents and students will access important information.
For second semester, there are two key "widgets" on your class Page that you will need to customize and I will walk you through the "how-to" of each.
1. Login to Aspen and locate the Classes link on the left side of the page. Click on "Classes" and then click on one of your class Pages.
2. You will notice there are several widgets common to each of your class Pages: Banner, Blog, Class Information (populated by Counseling), Resource Library, and Submit Assignments. For the initial rollout of the student/parent portal you must customize the Banner, and upload your syllabus to the Resource Library widget using the "upload" button.
3. To edit the Banner, click the Edit button to the far right of the widget and then use the toolbar and text entry area to enter some basic information about your class. You may want to talk about the class mission statement, important details regarding class meetings, or other pertinent information about your class. Be sure to click Save when finished.
4. To upload your syllabus (and any other important class resources), locate the Resource library widget on your Page and then click the Edit button. You will now be able to browse your Mac for your saved syllabus, which ideally should be in a .pdf format for easy viewing by parents and students. If it is in Word (.doc or .docx) format, you can use the Word "Save As" feature to convert it to the .pdf format.
5. Once you have banner information in place, as well as your current class syllabus uploaded, you may want to enter a blog post in preparation for parent and student access. The Blog widget is where you can update class information from time to time in an effort to further engage with your students. In the Blog widget you can announce meetings, tutoring times, upcoming projects, or events happening outside of class. Use the New Entry button to enter a blog topic for your students.
- Submit an IT request
Submit a production request
Submit a distance learning request.
Submit a maintenance request
Submit a Transportation or Campus Safety work order
Submit a marketing project brief
Submit a catering request
Submit an idea or project
- IT Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday
- 8:00am - 4:30pm Eastern
Call the IT Help Desk @ 231-276-7242
IT Checkout Equipment
Other IT Staff
- Andrew Schmitt: x7241
- Curt Ensign: x7246
- David Bondurant: x7244
- Dave Limer: x7249
- Jared Gugnitz: x7245
- Kimberly LeBlanc: x7242
- Margaret Fako: x7405
- Michael Slawnik: x7620
- Mike Smith: x7243
- Tim Loosemore: x7236
- Casey Fall: x7242
- Voice Activated Directory: x7201